Dear past self....

Name: Ha Zi Qing

Dear past self,

Hi, how are you? If you are reading this, I am you but from the future year 2023, so don't be scared and confused. I hope you can finish reading this letter. Since I have something want to tell you, it may be what you want to hear the most right now. 

Do you already take the SPM result or already doing in starting a new life at university? Don't worry, because at university you will become stressed, this is true but you also can be happy. Why? Because university life also has interesting experiences and learning new knowledge. It's okay, the problem can be solved.


Your dream is to become a designer but your first choice is not Graphic Design at that moment, you feel stressed and still searching for which university has the program that you want. Don't cry secretly at night, because crying won't solve any problem. Put a smile on your face even when you are stressed and uneasy because we all need to face our problems with optimism. Okay, you see, didn't I get through it successfully. But if you ask me which is the best choice for your future, to be honest, I also don't know. Even if I can time travel to change my choice, I also don't know which choice is better for me.

I feel like I'm still drifting with the flow, not much has changed, and I'm writing this letter to remind you because I hope you can be changed. Although I am assertive, I am particularly uneasy and unsure of myself. 


And in the future, I have indeed changed a lot. I don't like drinking bitter drinks like coffee, mocha, etc. Now I desperately need them to pick up my mind and get my homework done. Cherish the time when you can sleep peacefully until dawn now, there will be not many opportunities in the future. Because you only have unfinished homework and unfinished assignments waiting for you. All I can tell you is that sleeping has become a luxury.

But I want to tell you, stick to being yourself, stick to your decision, and don't regret it. The most important thing is not to give up. Don't give up easily on the goals you decide. I am you, so I know that we don't like to admit defeat, be aggressive, and don't like to give up halfway. Believe me, it is because of this character that the future me will be able to overcome difficulties time and time again. There are many interesting things and things waiting for you to experience in the future. Don't worry if you're hurt, just enjoy the moment.


I hope you insist on being yourself, still follow your heart, and chase that unreachable dream. Maybe it's because you didn't give up or get discouraged in the first place that I was able to keep on going and keep on living this dream. Go through the difficult times with your own partners and friends, and continue to draw the outline of the future.

Most importantly, thank you for everything you have now, family and friendship, my last words, stay healthy and happy forever. Good luck. Must be happy every day. 

From: HA ZI QING, 2023

评论

热门博文